About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharastra, India
He has more than 7.6 years of experience in the software development. He has spent most of the times in web/desktop application development. He has sound knowledge in various database concepts. You can reach him at viki.keshari@gmail.com https://www.linkedin.com/in/vikrammahapatra/ https://twitter.com/VikramMahapatra http://www.facebook.com/viki.keshari

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Changing the color of status bar depending upon the server you are connected to


I remember last year, when I was sitting with my colleague, I saw something very interesting on his SSMS, when he was connecting to production environment, the status bar changes its color to red and when he was connecting to UAT, it gets converted to green.

I came to my n desk and google it out. I found it really a simple but great feature roll out by SSMS. These are such small feature that really makes our life more meaningful, colorful and simple.

Let me show you how we can change the color of status bar. When you try to connect to any database server, expand login screen by pressing OPTION button.


 Here for the 2014 server “ATOSHI\MSSQLSERVER2014”, we set the color to Red. Lets try to set the color of another server say “ATOSHI\SQLEXPRESS” to green.
 

Now since we have set one server to Red and another one to green, lets see whether it is reflecting on status bar.
First I am connecting to “ATOSHI\SQLEXPRESS” whose status bar we set to green.

 
That’s great, we can see status bar color changes to color Green, lets try to connect to server2014.


 Here we can see status bar color changes to color Red.

Conclusion: You can change the status bar color to the environment you are connected to.

The season of cold bring hotness, when you are with me SQL Server  :)


Post Reference: Vikram Aristocratic Elfin Share

No comments:

Post a Comment